Sunday, January 11, 2009

How to Find Friends on Twitter

Twitter can be intimidating and a rather boring at first. So why do I keep talking about it? Because the initial standing at the wall at a party feeling doesn't last long before you are getting request to be followed. As with any party, it takes a little effort to get it started right.

Search for your friends. www.search.twitter.com Pick keywords that are associated with your business. If you crochet/knit/yarn items do a search for those key words. For me it was a bit easier to find friends. I looked for women with natural hair.

Bloggers or business owners are on twitter. See if your favorite bloggers and store owners have links to their twitter ids on there websites. Hopefully they will and you can follow them. But don't let the party end there, mix and mingle with the people they follow and followers by adding them too.

Invite your customers and online/offline friends. I pass the word along through emails that are sent to customers. I include the link in my signature. I have a big follow button on my blogs.

Ning.com groups and forums that are large may have a Twitter thread or sub-group. If it doesn't - start one. I really don't have much to add to this one other than, you can rack up followers in groups like these.

What are some of the ways that you find your Twitter friends?

No comments: